WOMEN IN FILM & PHOTOGRAPHY EXHIBITION 2021
Presented by Objectifs
Chapel Gallery, Objectifs
11 Nov to 19 Dec 2021
Tue to Sat, 12pm to 7pm / Sun, 12pm to 4pm
Admission is free
The sixth edition of Objectifs’ Women in Film and Photography presents the works of artists from Southeast Asia, South Asia and East Asia, exploring the theme of Inheritance.
Through rich and varied stories about familial connections and memories, identity and loss, and public and private histories, the works in Inheritance seek to understand who we are. Combining documentary, reportage, autobiographical, archival, constructed tableaux and fictional narratives, the lines between genres, and artist and subject blur in this edition’s showcase. The artists draw from their experiences and encounters, offering us perspectives that are deeply personal yet familiar.
The works in this year’s exhibition were selected from an Open Call, and are curated by Emmeline Yong and Leong Puiyee.
WOMEN IN FILM & PHOTOGRAPHY 2021 PROGRAMME
:: Exhibition: 11 Nov to 19 Dec 2021
:: Opening: 11 Nov (12pm to 9pm) / Artists in attendance: 11 Nov (6pm to 9pm)
:: Exhibition Tours with Curators & Artists, registration required: 11 Nov (6pm) and 11 Dec (2pm)
:: Online Artist Talks, registration required:
– 16 Nov, Tue, 8pm to 930pm: A Stubborn Bloom, Uma Bista, Ennuh Tiu (Please click here for a recap of the session)
– 23 Nov, Tue, 8pm to 930pm: Aakriti Chandervanshi, Hong Shu-ying, Natalie Khoo, Yen Duong
– 30 Nov, Tue, 8pm to 930pm: Divya Cowasji, Michelle Chan, Moe Suzuki
– 7 Dec, Tue, 8pm to 9pm: Amrita Chandradas, Aarthi Sankar and Ruby Jayaseelan
:: Film screenings, 4 Dec
– Remnants and Reflections 130pm to 310pm
– Open Call Programme 4pm to 5.25pm