Objectifs has worked with many organisations to create experiences that celebrate the talent and innovation of the arts, while communicating important issues and ideas to different audiences. With over 20 years of experience in photography and film programming, curating, arts consulting, and festival and competition management, we are able to offer solutions and networks that can elevate your organisation’s vision!
I. COMPETITION MANAGEMENT
- National Youth Film Awards (2011 and 2022): Programme Partner to *SCAPE for 2 editions. Work scope included competition management, schools outreach, cross-marketing, public engagement (Conference, Pitch Lab), and networking sessions.
- ciNE65 Short Film Competition (2013 to 2021): Film consultant, film commissioner and manager for 5 editions of the biennial short film competition for Nexus (Ministry of Defence). Work scope included competition management, commissioning of short films, public engagement (workshops, seminars), networking sessions, and planning/leading the learning trips for winners to international film festivals like Busan and Tokyo.
Other past projects
- Singapore Short Film Awards (2010-15): Launched and managed the independent awards dedicated to local short filmmakers, co-presented with The Substation.
- National Climate Change Competition (2014 & 2015): Conceptualised and managed workshops and seminars for competition participants for the National Climate Change Secretariat (Prime Minister’s Office).
- Hi-Story, My Story Filmmaking Competition (2012-2013): Conducted film workshop series for National Museum of Singapore, judging of film competition, developed and created behind-the-scenes video.
- Celebrating LIFE in the Heartlands (2013 and 2014): Managed a photography competition and outreach activities for the Housing & Development Board.
- Life in Action Photo Competition & Guided Tours (2011): Managed photography competition and guided photography tours for the Abbas, 45 Years in Photography exhibition for the National Museum of Singapore.
- iLight Marina Bay Photo Competition (2010): Managed the photography competition for Smart Light Singapore/Urban Redevelopment Authority, the first sustainable lighting installation on the Singapore waterfront.
- Digital Film Fiesta (2007-2010): Managed film and scriptwriting competition targeted at emerging and professional filmmakers. Co-branded effort with the Media Development Authority for the first 2 years.
- Fly By Night Video Challenge (2006-2013): Objectifs co-organised this event for 7 years, workubg with different external partners each year, including the National Museum, Theatreworks, LASALLE College of the Arts, FilmGarde and Malay Heritage Centre, to nurture the budding film community.
II. COMMISSIONED PROJECTS
- Silver Films (2014, 2015 & 2019): Commissioned short films, curated film screenings and conducted a documentary filmmaking workshop for seniors for the Silver Arts Festival, organised by the National Arts Council.
- Personally Speaking (2018): Commissioned artists and curated a year-long visual arts project for Lien Foundation that explored the stories of caregiving for people with special needs, mental illness, and the elderly.
Other past projects
- NOISE Art Mentorship (2016-17): Managed mentorship and showcase programme for aspiring artists working in photography and moving images, for the National Arts Council.
- ScreenSingapore, Business Matching (2011-2014): Organised business matching networking sessions for international filmmakers and producers during the Screen Singapore, hosted by the Media Development Authority.
- SGFilm Channel (2013-14):Managed and curated an online YouTube channel for the Singapore Film Commission/Media Development Authority, featuring award-winning Singaporean short films to an international audience.
- Utter 2013 (2013): Managed and curated for Utter, a pre-festival event for the Singapore Writers Festival in a commissioning and showcase of new local films adapted from Singapore literature.
- What’s Your Transport Story? (2013): Managed a film mentorship programme for the Land Transport Authority, for school students to create short films about graciousness on public transport.
- Being Together… Again (2013): Managed workshops, photo competition, a travelling exhibition and talks, co-presented with the National Museum of Singapore. The exhibition travelled to 11 schools around Singapore.
- I Can Be Photography Project (2013): Managed workshop and exhibition of works by students from East View Secondary School as part of the Singapore Heritage Festival for the National Heritage Board.
- Picture My World (2012-2013): Organised for Institute of Mental Health, a photo-therapy project culminating in an online showcase and five exhibitions around Singapore.
- Life Before Death Campaign (2012): Managed and handled local and international press efforts for the documentary film Life Before Death, in conjunction with a campaign by Lien Foundation that raises awareness on palliative care.
- Through Asian Eyes Online Photographer Showcase (2011-12): Curated an online showcase of Asian photographers and filmmakers for Nikon Asia.
- Dance/Film (2010-2012): Curated and managed the film programme for the Singapore Arts Festival. Included screenings, masterclasses by overseas filmmakers and film forums.
- 60s in Five Film Project (2010): Collaborated with the National Museum of Singapore to develop and manage a series of outreach programmes for the Singapore 1960 exhibition.
- Arts Weekend at Malay Heritage Centre (2010): Programmed and managed a weekend of fun-filled activities for the Malay Heritage Centre, including a Lomography exhibition, outdoor film screenings and concerts by local performers.
III. CURATORIAL & ARTS CONSULTING
- Standard Chartered Bank’s International Banking and Priority Private Centre (2022): Curated series of video art works by contemporary artists from Southeast Asia. Videos were played on a loop and installed at the centre.
- Film Curation (ongoing): Curated and managed screenings of Singaporean films and short films for festivals/events such as SG Inside Out (Sydney), Singapore Tourism Board at Mumbai Arts Festival, Singapore Film Festival (Bangkok), Imaginarium by Singapore Art Museum, Arts in Your Neighbourhood (National Arts Council) and organisations like Pera Museum (Turkey), Singapore Airlines, and the National Library Board.
Other past projects
- Iranian Film Festival (2014): Managed the inaugural Iranian Film Festival for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Singapore Film Society.
- ASEAN Film Festival (2013): Managed festival for the Media Development Authority, as part of the cultural activities taking place for Singapore’s designation as ASEAN City of Culture.
- Esplanade Exhibitions (2012): Co-curated and managed three exhibitions for The Esplanade in the Jendela Gallery and Tunnel, including Our Places, Our Stories, a photography exhibition and film installation featuring 14 local visual artists.
- Australian Film Focus (2010): Managed the annual Australian Film Focus, including scheduling of film programme, publicity and press relations, marketing, ticketing and opening night reception.
- Month of Photography Asia (2008-2010): Curated and managed several exhibitions in the annualMOPAsia, including solo exhibitions, Out of focus presenting works by emerging photographers and Inside Out presenting works by migrant workers.
If you have any upcoming events or projects that could use our expertise, our team would be happy to discuss it further with you. For more information, please contact us at 6336 2957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.