15h over 6 sessions
$420.00 (Eligible for use of SkillsFuture Credit)
7 Nov to 28 Nov (Group B), by Deanna Ng (View Profile)
Make the most of your digital camera with this comprehensive introduction to digital photography. Comprising classroom sessions, guided shoots and group critiques, this course imparts the fundamental principles of photography and is suitable for beginners.
After completing this workshop, participants will be familiar with techniques of composition, understand the ‘trinity of exposure’ (aperture, shutter speed and ISO), how to shoot in available light and the basics of flash photography. This course sets a strong foundation for other photography workshops at Objectifs.
Participants are to bring their own DSLRs or a prosumer digital camera like the mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera (MILC) for the workshop. Tripods for the night photography guided shoot may be loaned from Objectifs, subject to availability.
• Types of photography
• Camera handling
• Aperture, shutter speed, ISO and exposure
• Measuring exposure – metering
• Guided field shoot
• Using composition to your advantage
• White balance
• Ways to reduce camera shake
• Using your on-camera flash
• Getting the moment, and making it look good
• Approaching subjects
• Practical revision and applying techniques learnt to different shooting scenarios
• Finding stories in your environment
• Managing and archiving your digital files
• Basic image editing
The Basic Photography course sets a strong foundation for other photography workshops at Objectifs.
- Lightroom for Photographers: Learn to manage and edit your image files using this industry standard software.
Participants need a DSLR, or a prosumer digital camera like the mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera (MILC) for this workshop.
Group B – 7 to 28 Nov 2018
By Deanna Ng (View Profile)
This workshop takes place over six sessions as follows totalling 15h of instruction time.
#1 Wed 7 Nov 7.30pm to 10pm Classroom Session
#2 Sat 10 Nov 9am to 11.30m Guided Shoot
#3 Wed 14 Nov 7.30pm to 10pm Classroom Session
#4 Sat 17 Nov 9am to 11.30m Guided Shoot
#5 Wed 21 Nov 6.30pm to 9pm Guided Shoot
#6 Wed 28 Nov 7.30pm to 10pm Classroom Session