LIGHTROOM FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
Adobe Lightroom is an industry-standard software offering comprehensive solutions for organising, adjusting, retouching, and outputting digital images. In this workshop participants will learn to process images and manage digital files more effectively using the Library and Develop modules in Adobe Lightroom. They will gain familiarity with these tools through in-class exercises using sample images.
After completing this course, participants will have a thorough basic understanding of Adobe Lightroom and be able to execute a workflow within the software that meets their needs.
Please register via the form below.
This workshop is eligible for use of SkillsFuture Credit.
(The SkillsFuture page for this course is currently undergoing maintenance. Participants interested in using SkillsFuture credits to sign up for the course can still proceed to do so using the registration form below. We will contact you once the SkillsFuture page is ready.)
(View the profiles of our instructors here.)
2. Tues 21 Feb, 7.30pm to 10pm
3. Tues 28 Apr, 7.30pm to 10pm
• Lightroom Workflow Overview
• Setting up the Lightroom Catalog
• Organising your photos into folders
• Using Metadata & Keywords
• Using Collections to organise files
• Cropping and rotating images
• Applying colour and tonal adjustments
• Using the Graduated Filter and Adjustment Brush Tools
• Using the History panel & creating snapshots
• Creating Virtual Copies
• Converting to Black & White
• Print Module Overview
• Creating PDF and Movie Slideshows Overview
• Q & A
This course assumes little to no prior knowledge of Adobe Lightroom. It is suitable for beginner to intermediate photographers including those who have completed the Basic Photography workshop at Objectifs.
The course will be broadly useful to anyone seeking to manage their image files and perform basic edits — not only photographers but also producers, editors, journalists, librarians and information professionals, etc.
Sample images will be provided by the instructor for use during in-class exercises.
FAQ on our centre workshops
Please click here for an FAQ on some common questions pertaining to our workshops.