LIGHTROOM FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
Adobe Lightroom is an industry-standard software offering comprehensive solutions for organising, adjusting, retouching, and outputting digital images. In this workshop participants will learn to process images and manage digital files more effectively using the Library and Develop modules in Adobe Lightroom. They will gain familiarity with these tools through in-class exercises using sample images.
After completing this course, participants will have a thorough basic understanding of Adobe Lightroom and be able to execute a workflow within the software that meets their needs.
This workshop is eligible for use of SkillsFuture Credit.
Tom White (View Profile)
24 Nov to 8 Dec 2020
1. Tues 24 Nov 2020, 7.30pm to 10pm
2. Tues 1 Dec 2020 7.30pm to 10pm
3. Tues 8 Dec 2020, 7.30pm to 10pm
1. Thu 28 Jan 2021, 7.30pm to 10pm
2. Thu 4 Feb 2021, 7.30pm to 10pm
3. Wed 10 Feb 2021, 7.30pm to 10pm
Please note the last session is on a Wed due to Objectifs being closed on 11 Feb for the eve of Chinese New Year.
• What is Lightroom
• Lightroom Workflow Overview
• Setting up the Lightroom Catalog
• How to import and review images
• Organising your photos into folders
• Using Metadata & Keywords
• Using Collections to organise files
The Develop Module
• Working with RAW files
• Cropping and rotating images
• Applying colour and tonal adjustments
• Using the Graduated Filter and Adjustment Brush Tools
• Using the History panel & creating snapshots
• Creating Virtual Copies
• Converting to Black & White
• Exporting RAW files to Jpeg for Web and Print
• Print Module Overview
• Creating PDF and Movie Slideshows Overview
• Backing up your photos
• Q & A
This course assumes little to no prior knowledge of Adobe Lightroom. It is suitable for beginner to intermediate photographers including those who have completed the Basic Photography workshop at Objectifs.
The course will be broadly useful to anyone seeking to manage their image files and perform basic edits — not only photographers but also producers, editors, journalists, librarians and information professionals, etc.
Sample images will be provided by the instructor for use during in-class exercises.
Covid-19 Health & Safety Advisory and Measures
Please note this workshop will take place offline, at Objectifs. The following measures will apply:
- Maximum class size of five participants + one instructor
- Participants to wear face masks throughout and to be seated at least 1m apart from each other
- Instructors to wear face masks, or face shields are permitted while they are teaching and they must maintain a distance from the participants
- Frequent sanitising of equipment and commonly touched surfaces
- Sign-in / sign-out required via the SafeEntry app and temperatures will be taken
Please refer here for our full advisory on health and safety in light of Covid-19 and do not hesitate to contact us with further queries or concerns.