Learn how to "take any idea and make it move" with this motion graphics and animation software.
Adobe After Effects is the industry-standard motion graphics and visual effects software that lets you “take any idea and make it move”.
This three-day workshop suitable is designed to be accessible to those new to post production techniques. Participants will be guided through practical exercises and learn how they can use this immensely powerful software to design and animate with greater creative freedom.
Register for both this workshop and the Adobe Premiere Pro CC workshop together at a package price of $1,240. (You will save $120 on the normal price, $1,360).
This workshop is eligible for use of SkillsFuture Credit. Please note that the discounted package price will not apply if the workshops are paid for with SkillsFuture Credit.
Wong Kin Ching (View Profile)
2. Tue 31 May 2022, 9am to 6pm
3. Wed 1 Jun 2022, 9am to 1pm
– Customising the workspace
– Importing media and footage
– Working the media
– Creating the composition
– Working with layers
– Applying effects and presets
– Animation using Parenting
– Importing Photoshop text
– Text along a path
– Masking video into vector
– Keyframing a motion path
– Applying effects
– Adding audio tracks
– Animating Layers
– Simulating changes in lighting
– Duplicating animation
– Animating movements in scenery
– Using a track matte
– Tracking a point in the footage
– Creating tracking overlays
– Stabilising shaky footage using Warp Stabilizer
– Using the selection whip to link property values
– Exploring lighting and effects
This course assumes little to no prior knowledge of Adobe After Effects CC. Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is recommended.
The course will be broadly useful to not only those working in media but also those who have to produce compelling visual content that will leave a lasting impression in today’s image saturated landscape, such as marketers, educators, non-profit staff, artists and students.
Participants can use Objectifs’ iMacs which are installed with Adobe After Effects CC, or are welcome to bring their own laptops with the software installed (download a free seven day trial here). Sample files will be provided by the instructor for use during in-class exercises, as well as comprehensive notes.
Covid-19 Health & Safety Advisory and Measures
Please note this workshop will take place offline, at Objectifs. The following measures will apply:
- Maximum class size of eight participants + one instructor
- Participants to wear face masks throughout
- Instructors to wear face masks, or face shields are permitted while they are teaching
- Frequent sanitising of equipment and commonly touched surfaces
- In light of the COVID-19 situation, we seek your cooperation in informing us if: 1) you feel unwell or have a confirmed case of COVID-19 infection or 2) have come into contact with individuals or have household members who have tested positive for COVID-19. We will contact you to make arrangements for your alternate participation in the workshop.
Please refer here for our full advisory on health and safety in light of Covid-19 and do not hesitate to contact us with further queries or concerns.