ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS CC
21h over 3 sessions (9am to 5pm daily, with one hour lunch break)
Register for both this workshop and the Adobe Premiere Pro CC workshop together at a package price of $1,240. (You will save $120 on the normal price, $1,360).
24 to 26 Jul 2019 (Group E), by Wong Kin Ching (View Profile)
Adobe After Effects is the industry-standard motion graphics and visual effects software that lets you “take any idea and make it move”.
This three-day workshop suitable is designed to be accessible to those new to post production techniques. Participants will be guided through practical exercises and learn how they can use this immensely powerful software to design and animate with greater creative freedom.
This course assumes little to no prior knowledge of Adobe After Effects CC. Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is recommended.
The course will be broadly useful to not only those working in media but also those who have to produce compelling visual content that will leave a lasting impression in today’s image saturated landscape, such as marketers, educators, non-profit staff, artists and students.
Participants can use Objectifs’ iMacs which are installed with Adobe After Effects CC, or are welcome to bring their own laptops with the software installed (download a free seven day trial here). Sample files will be provided by the instructor for use during in-class exercises, as well as comprehensive notes.
New features in Adobe After Effects CC
• Explore new enhancements and features in the latest incarnation of After Effects CC
Knowing the workflow
• Introduction to the workspace
• Customising the workspace
• Importing media and footage
• Working the media
Basic animation with effects and presets
• Setting up the project
• Creating the composition
• Working with layers
• Applying effects and presets
• Using a text animation effects
• Animation using Parenting
• Importing Photoshop text
• Text along a path
• Animating scenery with parenting
• Masking video into vector
• Keyframing a motion path
• Applying effects
• Adding audio tracks
• Animating Layers
• Simulating changes in lighting
• Duplicating animation
• Animating movements in scenery
• Using a track matte
Working with Masks
• Creating, editing and feathering a mask
• Using colour filters to create various effects
Motion stabilisation and tracking
• Stabilising shaky footage
• Tracking a point in the footage
• Creating tracking overlays
• Stabilising shaky footage using Warp Stabilizer
• Using Expressions to generate random values
• Using the selection whip to link property values
Understanding particle generators
• Learn to use particle generators to build particle effects
Exploring 3D space
• Creating and animating 2D elements in 3D space
• Exploring lighting and effects
Rendering and output
• Introduction to rendering and output options
24 to 26 Jul 2019 (Group E)
This workshop comprises three sessions as follows, totalling 21h of instruction time.
#1 Wed 24 Jul 2019, 9am to 5pm (with 1h lunch break)
#2 Thurs 25 Jul 2019, 9am to 5pm (with 1h lunch break)
#3 Fri 26 Jul 2019, 9am to 5pm (with 1h lunch break)
Wong Kin Ching (Instructor Profile)