Incorporating VR in Photography, Film and Theatre
Visiting instructor Michael Naimark, an experienced media artist and researcher, global pioneer in virtual reality (VR) technology and Google VR’s first resident artist in 2015, will conduct a one-day workshop in Singapore on incorporating VR into art projects across photography, film and theatre.
Participants will hear from Naimark about the evolution of VR and significant new work in the field. They will experience virtual reality content first-hand using smartphones and Google Cardboard, as well as other VR devices. They will then have the opportunity to discuss project ideas, how it would incorporate VR and will receive feedback from Michael on potential new angles to explore. The workshop group will be kept small and intimate to allow for exchange of ideas and networking among similarly interested practitioners. The course is also aimed at practitioners from film, photography and theatre who are interested to find out more about VR as an artistic medium.
• Lecture by Michael Naimark: The Evolution of VR, followed by Q&A
• Show & Tell by Michael Naimark: New Work in VR, followed by Q&A
• Participants’ project sharing (5 minutes per project)
• Deep-dive discussion and feedback session on each project
• Final Q&A and wrap-up
* Participants do not need to come with a project and are welcome to just listen and participate.
Workshop fee: S$190. Includes Google Cardboard to take home.
Participants are recommended to bring along a smartphone which they can use to experience VR content with the Google Cardboard provided.
Sat, 10 Dec 2016, 10am – 5pm
Michael Naimark (Website)
42 Waterloo Street
Get directions here.