Learn cover how to plan, shoot and execute simple social media campaigns from a brief, using your own photographs shot and edited on a smartphone.
9h over 3 sessions
What is good “content” and how can it make a difference to the work of artists, arts self-employed persons and employees in arts organisations? What is the value of thinking long-term in content generation, and how can it help achieve consistency in messaging and build a brand’s identity?
Participants in this workshop will learn how to create well-composed and compelling images by shooting and editing on smartphones, with a view to preparing visual assets for social media campaigns. By the end of this workshop, they will be equipped to plan, shoot and execute simple social media campaigns from a brief, using their own photographs.
This workshop is eligible for use of SkillsFuture Credit.
Marvin Tang (View Profile)
1.Thu 20 May, 7pm to 10pm
2. Thu 27 May, 7pm to 10pm
3. Thu 3 Jun, 7pm to 10pm
– Thinking long-term in content generation
– Basic composition techniques using smartphones
– In-camera tools and functions
– Activity and post-activity discussion
– Basic editing and editing apps
– Developing a campaign
– Factors to consider in creating a campaign
– The journey from brief to final product
– Developing a brief
– Creative use of social media formats to share content
– Exercise in small groups
– Discussion of group exercise
Prior experience is not required but basic visual literacy will be helpful. Participants should have access to a smartphone with a camera and the ability to download recommended apps from the app store.
[Phase 3] Covid-19 Health & Safety Advisory and Measures
Please note this workshop will take place offline, at Objectifs (classroom sessions), with the exception of one online consultation between Session 4 and the final Session 5. The following measures will apply:
- Maximum class size of eight participants + one instructor
- Participants to wear face masks throughout and to be seated at least 1m apart from each other
- Instructors to wear face masks, or face shields are permitted while they are teaching and they must maintain a distance from the participants
- Frequent sanitising of equipment and commonly touched surfaces
- Sign-in / sign-out required via the SafeEntry app and temperatures will be taken
*Please refer here for our full advisory on health and safety in light of Covid-19. These measures are based on the latest government guidelines, and are subject to further changes. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with further queries or concerns.