A free online workshop for arts self-employed persons and employees of arts organisations
3 online sessions (9h total). Plan to spend an additional two to three hours in total on assignments in between sessions.
This workshop is commissioned by the National Arts Council Singapore. It is open to 15 participants by application, who are arts self-employed persons or employees of arts organisations and Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents, or residents of Singapore. The workshop will take place online and there is no fee to attend.
What is good “content” and how can it make a difference to the work of artists, arts self-employed persons and employees in arts organisations? What is the value of thinking long-term in content generation, and how can it help achieve consistency in messaging and build a brand’s identity?
Participants in this workshop will learn how to create well-composed and compelling images by shooting and editing on smartphones, with a view to preparing visual assets for social media campaigns. By the end of this workshop, they will be equipped to plan, shoot and execute simple social media campaigns from a brief, using their own photographs.
Apply for the workshop here by Sun 11 Oct, 11.59pm (SGT). Selected participants will be informed via email by Tues 13 Oct, 12 noon and are to confirm their participation by Thu 15 Oct, 11.59pm.
There is no fee to attend this workshop.
Marvin Tang (View Profile)
1. Mon 19 Oct, 10am to 1pm
2. Wed 21 Oct, 10am to 1pm
3. Fri 23 Oct, 10am to 1pm
– Thinking long-term in content generation
– Basic composition techniques using smartphones
– In-camera tools and functions
– Activity and post-activity discussion
– Basic editing and editing apps
– Developing a campaign
– Factors to consider in creating a campaign
– The journey from brief to final product
– Developing a brief
– Creative use of social media formats to share content
– Exercise in small groups
– Discussion of group exercise
Prior experience is not required but basic visual literacy will be helpful.
This workshop will take place entirely online, in English, and will be delivered via Zoom. Participants will require:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Stable internet access
- A device with audio and video capabilities (It is recommended to access the course materials from a laptop / desktop / tablet rather than a smartphone in order to view the course content, including images, more clearly).
- PDF reader to access readings
- Smartphone to shoot with and which has the ability to downloaded recommended apps from the app store