PHOTOWALK: Emerald Hill
2h over 1 session
Nestled right in the heart of Orchard Road, like a colourful gem amidst glass-and-concrete high-rise malls, is the neighbourhood of Emerald Hill. The former nutmeg and fruit orchard is now a graceful street of heritage houses in various hues, home to both residents and restaurants and bars.
The architectural details of Emerald Hill are a feast for the eyes, from Peranakan tiles, to timber window screens and doors, to porcelain roof decorations, as are the natural elements, from the abundant greenery to the delicate play of light and shadow along the alleys.
Soak in the atmosphere of this elegant and exclusive neighbourhood while learning about street photography, architecture photography, simple portraiture, and shooting during the beautiful evening “golden hour” and sunset. Participants are to bring their own cameras they are comfortable with; smartphones are suitable too.
Amrita Chandradas (View Profile)
Sat 27 Nov 2021, 4pm to 6pm
The class will meet at Emerald Hill (the exact meeting point will be communicated to participants prior to the workshop date) for a guided shoot focused on the following:
• Street photography
• Architecture photography
• Simple portraiture
• Shooting during the evening “golden hour”
• Shooting at sunset
• Review of images in group sharing session
The workshop will also dismiss from the Keong Saik area.
Participants are to bring their own cameras that they are comfortable with for this workshop. Smartphones are suitable as well. Tripods may be loaned from Objectifs, subject to availability.
[Phase 3] Covid-19 Health & Safety Advisory and Measures
Please note this photowalk will take place offline, in Emerald Hill. The following measures will apply:
- Maximum class size of eight participants + one instructor
- Participants to wear face masks throughout and to be seated at least 1m apart from each other
- Instructors to wear face masks, or face shields are permitted while they are teaching and they must maintain a distance from the participants
- In light of the recent rise in COVID-19 cases we seek your cooperation in informing us if: 1) you feel unwell or have a confirmed case of COVID-19 infection or 2) have come into contact with individuals or have household members who have tested positive for COVID-19, or who are currently serving Quarantine Order (QO) or Leave of Absence (LOA). We will contact you to make arrangements for your alternate participation in the workshop.
Please refer here for our full advisory on health and safety in light of Covid-19 and do not hesitate to contact us with further queries or concerns.