Explore character design, claymation and more!
What goes on behind the scenes to bring to life the animated films we enjoy and love? Join award-winning animators and educators Jerrold Chong and Jia Lee in this hands-on introduction to stop-motion animation!
Participants will learn about developing well-rounded, interesting characters and explore how to convey a character’s personality through its physical features. Using materials like clay, art and craft supplies and everyday materials, they will bring their character design to life.
They will then try their hand at creating a simple stop-motion sequence using their smartphones, a free app and their creativity. Participants can continue to use this app after the session to further their exploration of stop-motion animation.
The session will end with a fun screening of everyone’s works. Participants will get to bring home their original characters, a basic stop-motion animation starter kit of materials, and their very own animated clip to share with their friends!
No prior experience is required and equipment and materials will be provided.
Sat 20 Mar 2021, 2pm to 5pm
No prior experience is required and materials will be provided. Participants are
1. to bring a smartphone with the ability to download a free app that will be used for the workshop
2. encouraged to bring a USB drive to save their animated clip at the end of the session, but can also do so via email or a file transfer website.
[Phase 3] Covid-19 Health & Safety Advisory and Measures
Please note this workshop will take place offline, at Objectifs. The following measures will apply:
- Maximum class size of eight participants + one instructor
- Participants to wear face masks throughout and to be seated at least 1m apart from each other
- Instructors to wear face masks, or face shields are permitted while they are teaching and they must maintain a distance from the participants
- Frequent sanitising of equipment and commonly touched surfaces
- Sign-in / sign-out required via the SafeEntry app and temperatures will be taken
Please refer here for our full advisory on health and safety in light of Covid-19 and do not hesitate to contact us with further queries or concerns.