A workshop by He Shuming
15h over 6 sessions
12 Jun to 17 Jul 2019, by He Shuming (View Profile)
This course is designed for beginners who would like to have a deeper understanding of the collaborative art of filmmaking through working with actors. The course will begin by focusing on building an understanding of and having real control a film narrative in the way the script is structured. Participants will learn to evaluate and strengthen a script, breaking it down and preparing it for rehearsal and shoot.
The workshop will break down the Director and Actor relationship, and participants will learn to understand the collaborative process between the director and an actor.
• Discussion on beats, structure and emotional arcs of the scene
• Preparing notes for rehearsals and to go into shoot
• Review of scene and discussions on performances from selected scenes
• The rehearsal process: exercises a director can do with actors to work on a scene
• Strategies for directors to inspire and protect their actors
• Fundamentals of blocking a scene with a camera
• Screening and class exercise
• Screening and feedback session
12 Jun to 17 Jul 2019
By He Shuming (Instructor Profile)
This workshop takes place over six sessions as follows totalling 15h of instruction time.
#1 Wed 12 Jun 7.30pm to 10pm
#2 Wed 19 Jun 7.30pm to 10pm
#3 Wed 26 Jun 7.30pm to 10pm
#4 Wed 3 Jul 7.30pm to 10pm
#5 Wed 10 Jul 7.30pm to 10pm
#6 Wed 17 Jul 7.30pm to 10pm