A beginner-friendly photography course delivered over 3 bite-sized morning sessions.
6h over 3 sessions
Designed with the absolute beginner to photography in mind, Art of Seeing: Photography pares our long-running Basic Photography workshop down to the essentials in three bite-sized sessions which will be conducted in the morning, making it especially ideal for those who are pressed for time too.
Divided into ‘Theory’, ‘Practical’, and ‘Post-Production’ sessions, participants will get to learn basic manual camera functions and terminology before putting them to the test in a guided shoot along the colourful and bustling Waterloo Street next to Objectifs Centre. The course will wrap up with a session on Adobe Lightroom, where participants will get to try out the photo editing software on Objectifs’ iMacs.
If you’re deciding whether or not to pick up photography as a long-term hobby, this workshop is a perfect opportunity for you to find out!
Check out the Course Overview below for more information on each session.
Objectifs has limited camera sets for loan for this workshop. Please refer to Technical Requirements below for more information on rental.
Please register via the form below.
(Fancy more guided shoots in your photography curriculum? Sign up for our Discover Wessex Estate photowalk too and receive a 10% discount on the latter!)
(View the profiles of our instructors here.)
2. Thu, 19 Oct, 9 – 11am (Guided Shoot)
3. Thu, 26 Oct, 9 – 11am
• Camera handling
• Aperture, shutter speed, ISO and exposure
• Rules of composition
• Measuring exposure – metering
• Using composition to your advantage
• Guided field shoot along Waterloo Street
• Basic image editing
Participants are to bring their own DSLRs or a prosumer digital camera like the mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera (MILC) for the workshop.
Objectifs also has limited sets of cameras for loan. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org after registration to let us know if you need to loan a camera set from us for the duration of the workshop. Please note that there is a deposit of $150 for each camera set rental. The deposit will be refunded upon sound return of the camera on the final day of the workshop.
Art of Seeing: Photography sets a strong foundation for other photography workshops at Objectifs.
- Basic Photography: An expansion of the fundamentals with more guided shoot opportunities, including a night shoot.
- Lightroom for Photographers: Learn to manage and edit your image files using this industry standard software.
- Storytelling Through Photography: Learn to develop your photographic vision by identifying themes of personal interest and finding stories around you.
FAQ on our centre workshops
Please click here for an FAQ on some common questions pertaining to our workshops.